Friday, October 10, 2014

C4T #2

For my second Teacher's blog, I was assigned to Jenny She's blog, Jenny's Learning Journey. Jenny has been blogging for a while and is a primary school teacher in New Zealand.

The first post I commented on was a cool story about her getting "snapped" by one of her students. It was a little victory in seeing a student take some initiative and complete a task. I think that the little victories are often the sweetest. Sometimes, after a stressful day, or even week, a small victory in the classroom can give you enough motivation to keep trucking along. I could kind of here that in Jenny's post.


The second post from Mrs. She's blog that I got to comment on was about her getting iPads in her classroom. She was very excited and it was going well so far. She noted that some of her problem students were behaving better and asking to use the iPad as a reward. Here's the catch to that though: only educational apps were on the iPads. Her problem students were not only behaving better in the classroom, but the wanted to learn AS A REWARD! This totally blew me away. It's crazy how eager kids are to learn, if we can just find a way to make it fun for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment