Wednesday, September 24, 2014

C4K Summary for September

Logan's blog is really quite impressive for a 10 year old. He, like most boys, seems to have a passion for sports. He had a slide show that listed a sport which began with each letter of the alphabet. I commented on the slide show and how I was impressed he found a sport for all the letters. I talked about how excited I was for football season here in America and asked him which sport was his favorite. It would be kind of cool to start a dialogue with a kid halfway across the world.

Amelia's blog is a little less refined than the other one I viewed. Though, she only has two posts, so the sample size is much smaller. She also hasn't posted since this April. Her post was just a quick recap of a typical 5th grade girl's weekend. Her and a friend had a sleepover, ran through the sprinklers, ate junk food, played Monopoly, etc. I asked her about her weekend and told her about playing Monopoly with my kids. She seems like a really fun little girl. She also talked eating "milk tart." I had never heard of that before, so I did a Google search. You're welcome.

Jillian's blog was very confusing to read at first. Her post was about the "100 word challenge" her class was doing. They had to write a story including 5 given words and the story had to be written using only 100 words. She wrote about an orange crocodile. I had to go back to her teacher's blog to get the context of this unusual story. She used the word "lugubrious" in her story on her own accord. I had to go look it up. It means looking or sounding sad and dismal. I think it's pretty cool that I was able to learn something from this young girl's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment