Wednesday, November 19, 2014

C4K Summary for November

Mehtab is a student in Mr. Wigmore's class. I had a very difficult time finding context on this class. There is no class biography or an introduction from the teacher giving any specifics on location, ages, grade, curriculum, etc. I spent a few minutes going through Mehtab's blog and other students' as well. The best I gather is that they are in grade 4. The vast majority of their blog visitors come from the northeast and Mehtab refers to "soccer" often, while he uses British spellings for other words. He is of Indian decent, possibly an immigrant. I'm going to use this experience when I have my own class blog. It is important that the visitors to our blog have some context on who your class is. I think Mr. Wigmore should have some type of class introduction on his blog. Mehtab's post was about all the sports that he likes. I wrote to him about the sports that I like and told him I would go watch some cricket videos on YouTube. Cricket is his favorite sport, so I thought I would let him know that his blog is helping spread an interest in cricket.

Jaden is a 5th grader in Chula Vista, CA. His post was a "sneak peek" to what I'm assuming is a story that he will be posting later. It was actually really well done and enticing. It was only a few sentences, but he did a very good job of hooking the reader. I'll probably check back in to see how the story unfolds. Pretty impressive for an 11 year old, huh?

No C4K this week for Veterans' Day!
Flag raising at Iwo Jima and text reading Happy Veterans Day

Marines at a reenlistment ceremony
This is me reenlisting in the Marine Corps back in 2007. We were in a town in Iraq called Dulab.















Victoria wrote a post about the end of the 1st quarter of school. She has a great attitude about trying to improve her grades. She made a point to let everyone know that she sees her teachers as heroes. I thought this was amazing. I think sometimes I'm so focused on classes and homework that I forget that I'm going to have kids looking up to me very shortly. I hope that some of my students will think of me as a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment